Your cart is currently empty!
Why Does Your Shredder Need Annual Preventative Maintenance?
Reactively managing these assets by “Failure” is expensive and inefficient.
Most office shredder manufacturers recommend annual preventative maintenance knowing this will prevent unnecessary failure.
Properly maintained, you will experience:
- More efficient faster shredding
- Reduced noise levels
- Lower energy consumption
- Higher reliability
- Longer operating life
- Greater overall efficiency
Shredding at your office will be more productive and your shredders life will be greatly increased.
Bottom line is, you save time and money it’s that simple!
Warning! Without Maintenance, Failure often occurs to shredders synchronising gears from lack of lubrication. Operating under high loads, synchronising gears generate excess heat and eventually break up without adequate lubrication. There is no warning, just sudden breakage which is easily avoided with maintenance but costly to repair.
What Happens During Preventative Maintenance?
- Service performed at your office by our skilled shredder technicians
- Dismantle & extract all internal build up of paper, lint, debris and dust
- Clear stripper guides and adjust strippers as required.
- Grease gears, chains and gearbox
- Oil shredding blades
- Lubricate bearings/bushes
- Clean out motor
- Clean & calibrate auto start/stop optical sensors
- Check all functions for correct operation.
- Recalibrate anti-jam module (where featured)
- Recalibrate auto oiler (where featured)
- Check electrical connections
- Reassemble shredder
- Test for correct and safe operation (assists with oh&s reporting)
- Re-prime automatic oiling line (where featured)
- Perform necessary user training such as how to oil your shredder
- Clean exterior, update product/support/contact information.